Saturday, December 8, 2012

Boobie Bullet Points

It's been almost four days since the girls were worked on and everything is going as well as expected! And a boob post would not be complete without bullet points...

  • Not gonna lie, the first two days at home were not fun. Felt like I had been stabbed in the chest 800 times. I actually called the nurse after hours of throbbing and she called in some stronger pain killers for me. And they helped out tremendously!
  • Speaking of pills....pain pills are good. Pain pills are soooo gooood. 
  • Mary Kelly and Steve loooooove each other. I went out to the couch where she was sleeping yesterday morning and found Steve under the covers with her. 
  • I tried to get out a little bit yesterday. Made it to Target then to the Christmas store Mary Kelly has been dying to go to and I had to get a cab back home in the midst of shopping. Wasn't quite ready...
  • Sleeping isn't that fun either. I'm on my back and propped up. Which wakes me up every hour on the hour. Good times.
  • Mary Kelly and Rachel are both obsessed with Hallmark Channel movies and I've had to endure 28 of them this week and watch them both cry through each movie. 
  • Mom actually left this afternoon and I'm a little depressed about it. She's an awesome nurse! But I'll get to see her, as well as everyone else (and BEAR!!), in two weeks when I go home for 10 days!
  • Rachel has been great, too! She's making me a glass of ice water as I type! And she listens to me whine all day long, ha!
  • I'm hoping to catch up on all the seasons of 30 Rock this week. If you haven't seen this show, I highly recommend it. It's laugh out loud funny! Every episode!
  • I feel like I'm talking/typing way too much. Must be the pills...
  • Everything is still very swollen and sore and bruised with some slight bleeding....but every day I'm getting a little stronger and things are feeling a little better. Nobody said this surgery was easy but I'm so very glad I did it. I already feel 20 lbs lighter!
  • Yay pictures (NO BEFORE AND AFTERS I PROMISE! Unless you wanna see in person, of course, lol.)

Michigan Avenue lights from Grand Lux restaurant!

The Cupcake Explosion. OMG.

Mary Kelly is already a city girl...

And I still act like a tourist!
Waiting to be taken back to surgery. Au naturale for me. Eesh.

Ouch. She missed on the first try. My poor arm.

Still waitinggggg...

Elliooooott...

This was in recovery. Don't remember taking this at all HAHA!
Ice packs are my best friends.

Kinda hard to see....but Steve in Mom's lap. Ha!

My bedside table. Bless.
And a picture sent from my Dad back in SC....Bear telling me to get well soon! 

No comments: