Friday, January 6, 2012

Oh hey January.

So I already suck at keeping up with my New Year's Resolution of blogging more often. Sorry, kids. I also suck at my New Year's Resolutions of eating better (eating Hershey Kisses in bed as I type), going to the gym (I forgot how to get there) and thinking more positively (I'm gonna be allllooonnnneee foreverrrrrr!!!).

Anyway. Where the hell is the snow? And the rest of this "Chicago weather" everyone speaks of? I've been quite lucky with only a few frigid days and a couple of light snow showers so far. And right now the weather is almost 50 degrees...the same temperature it is in Augusta right now. Almost unheard of in a Chicago January. BUT in the same breath, I know it's coming. I can almost hear it. And when three degrees roles around and the wind gusts are 50mph and I'm standing at the bus stop waiting ever so patiently, I'm probably going to cry. And wish that I was in the apartment with no central air like I was 6 months ago sweating my ass off.

We got a dusting of snow over the weekend which was just enough to throw salt on the streets. I thought Bear would be able to handle it. No bueno. Within 5 minutes, my poor, gimped-up animal lifted that pitiful fin up and ran to me on three legs, literally crying. So then I cried. We were a hot mess in the middle of the street. The snow tends to freeze up in between the pads of their feet and the salt tends to burn. Not a good combo for an arthritic leg. Next step: dog snow booties. I will DEFINITELY take pictures.

Me and Rachel found an amazing place a little more north of where we live now to move into. Right next door to Wrigley actually. Our applications have been accepted and we are just waiting to sign the lease. If all goes well, we'll be moved in by February 1st. Here's a little sneak peek of the new apartment....

What up central air??!

Pray for NO SNOW the day we move in, puh-lease! Hope everyone is having a good January so far!!

7 comments:

Mollie said...

Wow! That kitchen looks awesome! I thought you were going to say that it was Oprah's kitchen in her condo for rent! Can you fit all of your furniture in your bedroom with room to spare now? Can't wait for more pics! When do you move in, and are y'all moving yourselves or hiring someone? <#

Love, Aunt M

Elizabeth said...

Nah, my new bedroom is still the size of a coat closet but I have my own bathroom now! We are going to try to do it ourselves with some help throughout the month!

Jessica said...

Absolutely love it...how exciting! Can't wait to come visit again. Well. I don't think I'll see the light of day again after next month...but I'll definitely try! ;)

Anonymous said...

Soooo pretty!!! Excited for y'all! I can't wait to see it! XOXO

Katie

Anonymous said...

Love the kitchen. Please post more pictures! Don't know who to thank you or Mollie for more frequent posts.

Andrea

Anonymous said...

I am coming to Chicago...when it gets WARMER!!

Love
JT

Mollie said...

I guess more emphasis is placed on the size of the kitchen/living area than the bedrooms? Is Rachel's room equally as small? Is it a walk-up or what? Do I have a million questions? Yes! Excited for you,as usual!

Love, Aunt M

PS...You're welcome Andrea! ;)