Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Margaritaville

A friend that I met playing in my kickball league this summer emailed me about three weeks ago and the subject line read "Buffett". I didn't even finish reading the email before I had a ticket purchased to go to the Jimmy Buffett concert here in Chicago.

We also purchased tickets for a Buffett party bus that drove us to the concert out in the suburbs and provided food and drinks for the whole day. Score. We arrived at the tailgating grounds at 3:00pm...mind you, the concert didn't start until 8:00pm. It felt like I was back in Columbia, South Carolina on a football Saturday. It was one of the funnest days of my life. And it included A LOT of glitter. I'll let the pictures tell the rest...

Me, Lisa (kickball teammate) and Stephanie! The beginning of the day....
How do people drive buses? They're so big.

Wondering around the tailgate lot...

The bus in the back says it all. Feels like home...
We found a game where you spin around then try to hit a pitched ball. I almost puked.

Keg-O-Cano. Amazing.
Conga line for the win.

Oh...no.

She fell right after I took this. Oy.
Why not?

The whole process of getting glittered is hilarious...

A gust of wind blew right after this and BAM whole face glittered. 
Best. Picture. Ever. I really was excited about it. I also no longer wonder why I'm single.
Aaaaand the other arm. 

All of us and our glitter. If you can't tell, I had the most.

Fun guy...please look at the glitter on my face. K. 

Oh yea...and the concert. Never have seen SO MANY PEOPLE to hear/see Jimmy Buffett play. Mind blown.

Needless to say....what a day. I still keep finding glitter. Now it's off to several BBQ's and celebration of the 4th of July today. It's hotter here than down south a;lsdkjhfiasuhdfiasdjhni;asdhfoia;dj. Hope everyone has a fun, safe day! Yay America!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wanna goooooo! Looks like a BLAST! Love the pics! Love you!

Katie