Been quite the delay folks. I know all 8 of you have not moved from your computers just waiting for a blog update. Well, here ya go.
I flew down to South Carolina last week for a much needed beach vacation. I flew in late Monday night (Thank you once again, Delta, for the delays) and babysat my twin nephews on Tuesday. What a handful...but I had so much fun with them! And it gave me a teeeeeeeny bit of hope that I'd be a good mother one day...and not give my baby away when it starts crying.
I headed up to Fripp Island, SC on Tuesday night through the worst thunderstorm of my life. 14 miles per hour is so much fun when it's dark, raining and lightening striking you. I made it safely, though. If you know my family or have been reading my blog, then you know what a riot we are when we all get together. Don't even get me started on the dance party we had in the front yard of our condo one night....word spread quick and we had everyone on the island driving by to see it. Do I have to mention that a lot of alcohol was involved? K. I milked Fripp for all it was worth and even left with a sunburn so bad that it hurt to breathe.
I had one more day to spend with Jess, Andy and the twins before I left to come back to Chicago. Delta was even nice enough to delay my plane AGAIN so I had an extra three hours to spend with them. Made it back to Chicago Sunday night without managing to beat any Delta employees up and have been sweating my ass off ever since. Record shattering summer here in Chi....and only because I'm here. Katie and Jen T. arrive in a week and I'm ecstatic!
Okay, I'm tired of typing, here are some pics!!
 |
| Baney and our Cubs gear. No worries, poop exploded alllll over this onesie later. True Braves fan I guess. |
 |
| Want to eat the nuggets. |
 |
| Watching the monitor as they nap. Couldn't put it down. I'm gonna need anxiety meds if I ever have kids. |
 |
| Anderson is such a cuddle monkey. |
 |
| I'm a pro. |
 |
| Bless them. |
 |
| And the fighting begins. |
 |
| Who me? |
 |
| This cracks me up. He loves that damn car. |
 |
| Little Miss Priss and the night gown I gave her. |
 |
| Daniel's girlfriend, Lora, was on nail painting duty. |
 |
| Bryan and the metal detector. We found a ring! Kidding. |
 |
| The lighthouse at Hunting Island that we used to climb when we were little :) |
 |
| Weirdo |
 |
| Someone wanna grab the toddler? |
 |
| So excited to feed birds with Uncle Daniel! |
 |
| Family next to us: "Is that cooler bottomless?" |
 |
| Ugh. So cute. |
 |
| What I love most about my niece...she always has to be touching you... |
 |
| Sweet family. |
 |
| Playing peek-a-boo! |
 |
| More fun with Uncle Daniel |
 |
| So sweet. |
 |
| I love our conversations. |
 |
| The goal during the week was to solve the Rubick's cube. This is where I found it after throwing it in a fit of rage. |
 |
| GO GAMECOCKS! |
 |
| Mama's girl... |
 |
| She was so proud to take this picture. |
 |
| Seriously....such a weirdo. |
 |
| Covar's! |
 |
| Using the kid to hide my fat. |
 |
| Fifo's. |
 |
| They really bring a whole new meaning to the word nugget. |
1 comment:
Love it!! Had a BLAST and can't wait to do it again in just 1 week!!! What up Chicago!!!!
Katie :)
Post a Comment