Saturday, December 31, 2011

What a Year...


I have to say...2011 has been the best year of my life. Still, almost everyday, I get asked, "So, you just picked up and moved here from South Carolina? Why??" I cried when I was standing in front of everyone at Andrea's rehearsal dinner giving my bridesmaid speech (Andrea was the one who rode with me to Chicago in my Budget moving truck for 16 hours and coaxed me the whole time!!). I blubbered through tears as I said it was the BEST decision of my life. It still is. 

I was looking back at my blog the other day and reading old posts....I actually thought to myself that I could never pull off what I did back in April ever again. My stomach did flips just reading what I went through. It was worth every minute.

Here's a look back at all of my favorite pictures and highlights of 2011. Enjoy!


January...Just minutes before this was taken, I had received the news that I was definitely moving to Chicago! Crazy thing too, the office I work in now is just a few doors down from this spot!

February...I was all settled in and living with my parents. And my sisters and I were having late nights with gold teeth. Some things never change...

March...Katie's 30th Birthday Bash complete with relay races out back!

March...

April....I moved to Chicago!!!

May....My sister and bro-in-law, Jessica and Andy, came to visit!

May....

June....Ran my first 5K race at the Lincoln Park Zoo!

June....My friend, Jessie, from Boston also came to visit. We were about 6 margaritas in at this point. K. 

July....My first visit back to South Carolina since moving. Jessica was pregnant in this picture and didn't even know it yet :)

July....The Bunco ladies came to visit me in the city!

August....Braves VS. Cubs at Wrigley Field

August....Braves VS. Cubs!

August....Daniel also came to visit. This is in the Sears Tower sky box. Barf.

September....Andrea and Sarah visit!

September....Cubs game with Andrea and Sarah!

Septemeber....I also started a brand new AMAZING job....this is the view from my actual room at work!

September....I flew down to Charleston, South Carolina for Andrea's Bachelorette party....

October....My other sister and bro-in-law, Katie and Bryan, came to visit on my birthday!

October....My sweet Memommy passed away. I miss her every single day.

November....Ran my second 5K just to eat chocolate at the finish line!

November....Andrea's wedding and the infamous dress I almost didn't fit into...

November....breaking it down with the bride!

November....Morgan's 2nd Birthday Cupcake Party!

December....Christmas Eve with TWIN BOYS on the way!

December....Christmas with Mr. Bear!
December....Girl's Night Out! A.K.A. The movie, The Hangover Three. K.

December....Office Holiday Party in downtown Chicago. Barb is another hygienist I work with...
December....Office Holiday party with all of Downtown Dental's hygienists!

So much to look forward to in the year 2012. Jessica is due with her twin boys in March, but hopefully they'll be here in February. Me and Rachel will be moving in February because there ain't no way we're living another summer with no air conditioner! My tenants signed another year lease so no stress trying to find new tenants! And best of all...I'll still be living in Chicago. I hope everyone has a great year!




5 comments:

Mollie said...

Excellent post! I was loving the pictures until I got to Oct.! Sigh! I'm SOOOO glad I took those pictures, though! She had a blast, and y'all have recent memories to cherish forever! Congrats on your tenants re-signing! I can't imagine moving in Feb. Hopefully the weather cooperates. Have you found anything yet? I made your New Year's resolution for you. "I will post to my blog everyday for my favorite Aunt Mollie." Now wasn't that easy? Lol! So happy for you and your contentment with your move. Can't wait to see you again soon! Can't wait for the day when E and I visit! <3

Love, Aunt M

Anonymous said...

XOXO

Anonymous said...

^from Katie...k.

Unknown said...

i will always be so proud of you for making that change and moving to chicago. i've always said that you were too big for a tiny town. i'm glad you're a northerner like me, except i wish that you lived a weeeee bit to the east.. like in boston. but i'll take chicago :)

Jessica said...

Fun year! Next year will be ten times as fun!