Friday, December 30, 2011

A Very, Merry Hucko Christmas

Highlights from Christmas 2011 in the Hucko household:


  • I landed in Columbia, South Carolina on the Thursday before Christmas and it was 78 degrees. Did I mention I had gone to the airport in Chicago wearing a puffer coat, scarf, gloves and hat? K. 
  • My niece is still the coolest little girl on the planet. She calls me "BeeBet" and it melts my heart every. single. time. she. says. it. 
  • My nephews are quickly becoming the coolest little guys on the planet. Jess is feeling good and looking great! Katie and I went with her to a sonogram and they are measuring around 3 lbs a piece! The next time I fly home, which will hopefully be in mid-March, she'll be holding TWIN BOYS!
  • The annual Hucko Christmas eve party had a big turn out as usual....and we even had the cops called on us this year when the men decided that firing off the biggest, most expensive fireworks they could purchase was a good idea. We got a noise violation for everyone singing "Happy Birthday" to Jesus, not even for the fireworks that sounded like Hiroshima.
  • My favorite Christmas gift was my anti-aging eye cream. I wish I was kidding.
  • Me and Katie decided to go out with the girls for a low key night while I was home. And when I say low key, I mean drinking too many adult beverages and having MaryKelly find us on the kitchen floor at 1:00 AM eating Andrea Thomas' famous peanut butter balls. Me, Katie, Jo Ashley and Whitney are still trying to piece together that night. Let us know if you saw us and can give any information. Thanks.
  • I can't think of anything else right now but I'll add them as they come to me. Here are some pictures!!

Playtime with Morgan! Cupcakes from the 1988 Playschool kitchen, anyone?

My mom has glitter wrapping and tags. A woman after my own heart.

The boys were kicking! You have to sing 'Santa Claus is Coming to Town," tho...

Girl loves her cupcakes.

Mom's blow up Santa helicopter that we endlessly make fun of....and Katie.

Opening presents!



We're thinking Mom ordered the wrong hat for Daniel. I must say, he does look good in pink.

Terrible Twos anyone?

The last ones to leave the restaurant on that infamous night (With a DD! K.).


2 comments:

Jessica said...

Such a fun Christmas! Just busted out laughing remembering the cops Christmas Eve...only us! Love you and can't wait for you to come back and meet Boom Boom & Pow...you'll have their undivided attention since we should be settled by then. Yay!!!

Anonymous said...

BEST. NIGHT .EVER.

LOVE!
Katie