Do any other single girls get asked this as much as I do? And it's not asked nicely. It's very rudely asked and incredibly offensive. I mean, they may as well just say "You're ugly and stupid and suck at life and you're fat." K.
I had a patient about a month ago ask if I had a husband. I politely answered "no sir." This man turned around in his chair to face me, raised his voice and demanded why I wasn't married!? I think demons were coming out. I shrugged it off like I didn't care because honestly...I really did not care. He obviously got the wrong idea from me because when he came in today for more treatment he 1.) Told my coworker I was anti-man (Thanks bro, now my coworkers think I'm a lesbian) and 2.) He WAITED until I was done with my patient to "talk" to me.
"Listen here, Elizabeth. I know this man that is 75 years old and he's never been married. He's accomplished a lot but I know he's lonely. You NEED to get married SOON. You are going to be so lonely in life. 27 isn't that young."
Ahem. Gulp. Thanks?
If that wasn't enough, I was still reeling off of the comments that were made to me ON Valentine's Day: "Why aren't you married? Are you mean? Are you needy?? You don't even have a boyfriend?" Um...
Now, I'm not trying to get sympathy comments. Really, I'm not. I couldn't be happier where I am and where I'm going (Helloooo...Chicagggooo?!). Maybe these are compliments and I should embrace them because people can't believe how freaking unbelievably awesome I am? K. I just want to know what is so bad about being single? People act as if it's an infectious disease and that you will get boils all over your face if I touch you. I'll definitely put something on your face when I hit you. Hahaha kidding. Kinda.
I'm venting...or whining rather, so thanks for listening/reading. I must remain focused on the 37 days left I have to move. YIPEE! I must also remain focused on Mary Kelly, who wants to steal my dog and not let him go to Chicago with me....
I'm venting...or whining rather, so thanks for listening/reading. I must remain focused on the 37 days left I have to move. YIPEE! I must also remain focused on Mary Kelly, who wants to steal my dog and not let him go to Chicago with me....
3 comments:
Don't you wish you could look these people in the eye and seriously respond, "I have a terrible, contagious disease or I just was released from prison." Give them something to talk about. Call me sometime and I'll tell you about someone asking me the same thing about "the sisters." Love you! Andrea
sorry honey but I hear that shit in chicago too...so that part won't go away! hahaahah
Just respond, "Why do you ask?" As soon as you get married then the "when are you going to have a baby?" questions start. I got alot of that, too! You haven't met that person God has picked for you so I'm glad you're not worried about it. You're awesome!
Post a Comment