Wednesday, March 30, 2011

2 Weeks.....Really? And Just Random Stuff.

I'm just gonna say it.

I'm scared shitless (sorry) about moving to Chicago.

I'm not having last minute "OMG this is ridiculous! I can't do this!" thoughts. I'm just scared. Like every other human being that would stop their content life dead in its tracks, quit their amazing job, sell their car and move 900 miles away from their family to one of the biggest cities in the United States. Well, can you blame me? And it's not as much being scared as it is the "WHAT IF's". What if...I can't find a good job? What if...the house I still own, like, burns to the ground? What if...I really do *hate* the cold weather since I have SO defiantly said I wouldn't? What if...I trip and fall onto the train tracks at the Belmont stop? Okay, thinking too much on that one (no drinking and train stops!!).

The "What If's" are alot more stressful than the questions. Here are the most popular ones and the answers I'd like to give instead of my sweet, southern-accented answers...

Why?
Because.
Is your family going to miss you?
Well, I hope...
Do you have a job up there?
Noooooope.
You realize it's going to be really cold, right? Not like the cold here, right?
Kiss my ass.
Are you moving up there for a boy?
God no.
Oh my GAWD you have to walk everywhere??!
<<Rolls Eyes>>
So YOU are going to drive the Uhaul through the mountains?
Crap...never thought about that. 


All of the stress and anxiety only leads to this: Look where I am right now. Look how well ev-er-y-thing has worked out for me (everyone go knock on some wood!). Look how amazing my support system is. I am scared, yes, but I get chills when the thought of finally living in Chicago after 4 years of dreaming about it crosses my mind. I am slowly learning, through all of the butterflies in my stomach and semi-sleepless nights, that I cannot have any fears, per say. I just need to embrace how awesome this experience is going to be. Wait for it.....EEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

"Fearing the unknown can cause us to spend precious energy anticipating the worst-case scenario. There are two problems with this type of fear:
The future is not here.
The future is not ours."





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will be fine! You will find a job- it may take time but u will find one. Who wouldn't hire a pretty, southern gal with a great personality? If your house burns, you have insurance. There will be days when you'll hate the cold-there are days here you hate the heat and humidity. Make sure you pay your health insurance premiums and then if u fall you are covered. Driving thru the mountains---hell, driving the U Haul would be my worry. I am so proud of u for doing this. After you are settled you will wonder what took u so long to do it.

Keep a journal and never forget how much you are loved and will be missed. This is your life and you are doing what you want.

Love you tons! Andrea

J said...

Andrea took all the words out of my mouth...no need to compete with perfection, so I'm going to leave you with this, I'M SO PROUD OF YOU!!

Anonymous said...

You told me. "If I don't like it, I'll move back home!" There will be nothing tying you down if that's what happens. Everything fell right into place for Uncle Lee and he's very happy. You'll be fine!

Love, Aunt Mollie

Anonymous said...

I'm right beside ya sista!! no worries i'll take good care of you...and ALL of chicago bitches about the cold weather...why wouldn't we?! we LIVE for the summer and you appreciate it sooooo much more!! as for jobs...honey i'm already looking for ya and possibly have a part timer for ya! ahahah networking!! the job should be the easiest things....and don't stand close to the train tracks anyhow...i'm paranoid about falling myself!! can't wait!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH i'm sure your stomach is doing flips...mine was when i moved to GA...but you grow into things..and if you hate it...i'll chain you in your room so you can't move back...ooops..that was suppose to be in my mind only :) hahahaha xoxoxoxox