Monday, March 21, 2011

Katie's 30th Bash!

Saturday night. The fullest moon in 19 years. And we were celebrating Katie turning 30 with a "Field Day" themed party. I think the exact words from several people when they woke up Sunday morning were.....Most. Epic. Party. Ever.

It started calmly and we had a good turnout. Then we brought out the potato sacks, rope for 3-legged races, eggs for the egg relay (that one never happened. K.), chalk for the sidewalk art contest aaaand facepaint. Needless to say, things got pretty ugly although I remember laughing A LOT. And the birthday girl sprained her shoulder taking a fall in the potato sack race. BUT....got right back up and took 1st place.

I didn't think we could top Jessica's 30th Bash from two years ago (um hello slip-n-slide) but I think we pulled it off successfully. I can only imagine what is in store for my 30th! Oh God, I'm gonna be 30 in two and a half years.

The cake! Peanut butter cream cheese filling! 

Birthday girl and Morgan

The inevitable decor!

Some party guests...

 Hucko Ladies

Sidewalk art

Katie faceplanting during the potato sack race. LOL SO HARD.

Katie dominated every event.

1st Place! And she slept in her tiara...


The face painting pictures will stay in the vault forever. Yikes. And just incase you weren't keeping count....24 days until I move to Chicago. Booyah.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Laugh.....out loud. Thanks for the shout out! Love you! Don'tmovek.bye.