Y'all. I'm exhausted. Blogging everyday is the hardest thing I've ever done. I have no more videos or pictures to even post. Lemme think about my day today. I'll talk about that.
Well, my alarm goes off and I am immediately pissed off because usually.....right when my alarm goes off, Bear thinks it's time to do a gymnastics routine on my face. So there is no such thing as a snooze button for me.
So I walk Bear outside in my pajamas, thanking God for the warmer weather because the WORST thing about living here is taking a dog out in the middle of winter before the sun comes up. My face is still swollen, by the way. Ask my family about my morning swolleness....every morning when I wake up, it looks like I've been punched in the face. We have no idea why. I'm going to make a man so happy one day.
I chug three cups of coffee at work between my first two patients. Imagine me chugging a beer...but it's a mug of coffee. And I'm usually standing there chugging behind the patient's back.
I give every patient the same damn spiel: "You use a soft toothbrush at home, right? Make sure you are not scrubbing. And try to keep up with your flossing, okay?" That's it. 9 out of 10 patients nod their head and do not floss again for six months....when they're back in my chair and I floss their teeth. Sigh. Advice y'all: Only floss the teeth you want to keep.
I like days like today because my friend, Katie, text me and asked me to go to dinner. And when I say dinner, I mean five drinks and dinner. My kinda night. I had something to look forward to for the rest of the day.
But before that, I had to leave the office and wait on the bus to go home. Waiting on the bus to arrive at a stop makes me the most impatient, anxious person on the planet. Some of the best moments of my life, so far, have been standing at the bus stop and seeing the bus coming for me in the distance. You feel like you've accomplished so much in life. The ride home is a totally different post for a totally different day. I see so much on each ride home that I need a whole new blog just to update my bus rides. Good times in Chicago....never a dull moment.
The best part about my day?? When I walk through the door and Mr. Bear acts as if he hasn't seen me in two years. He gets more and more excited each day. It makes my heart happy. He's my best friend.
The second best part of my day?? Strolling down the block, meeting my friend for dinner and sitting outside basking in the Chicago summer. I never thought I'd ever say that I love summer but they truly are fabulous in this city. The streets are crowded and everyone is in a great mood.
That's about it. This may sound like a mundane post...but I honestly do love my life here. And wouldn't change it for the world! (Yes, family, I will move back home one day...)
No comments:
Post a Comment