I've signed up for a half marathon.
That's 13.1 miles if you weren't *quite* sure how many. And, typically, you don't walk. You run. But you probably already figured that out...
Running is an ongoing battle for me. Somedays I can run and run and run....then somedays I get down one block and I hate my life so hard in that moment for trying to make myself run. I don't plan on becoming a "runner", I've put forth many tries to no avail, but a half marathon is something I'd like to check off of the list (along with no cussing for one day and baking a cheesecake from scratch). And with no aerobics classes to teach, it'll keep me in shape and motivated to get off the couch and stop chugging beer.
I've been working with my trainer with strength training and I took a "Good Form Run Clinic" this week so I don't blow out my knees, or sprain my ankles, or die during training. But the best thing about running? New shoes!!
![]() |
| Aren't they pretty?? |

1 comment:
We just had a 1/2 marathon in Augusta last weekend. I didn't win, but I had a friend who ran so that makes up for the fact that I didn't run it either! Bah ha ha! I can't help you with the potty mouth, but I can make an awesome cheesecake and show you how to! it's really easy. You just have to be sure that you have a springform pan. I ALMOST tried to make my first in a pie dish. Yikes! Good thing that common sense said, "You might want to call someone on this one!" End result was a yummy cheesecake! Babies in 2 days, Elizabeth in 5! Whoo hoo!
Post a Comment