Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Global Warming and Babies and Bear and Randomness

Oh hi. I've been sweating all day. The girl who hates hot weather (or even the teeniest bit of warm weather) is in a city that hit 70 degrees today wheeeennnnnn the average for this time of year is 40. And she works on the 19th floor of an office building where apparently they have not turned off the radiators(?) on the 18 floors below us and the heat is justa risin'. I hope I get so cold at one point living in this city that my toes fall off.

My heat and sweating issues are minuscule compared to what came into our lives this week......BABIES!!! My sister, Jessica, had twin boys. T-W-I-N-S! I would say they're little nuggets but these boys are chunks. And I love it. Anderson LeGrande made his debut at 7:53am on Monday morning weighing in at 7lbs2oz. Baney Stephens came a minute later weighing 8lbs6oz. I got the official text/picture message while riding on the train to work Monday morning. I then began to sob and showed the complete stranger beside me a picture of the two sweetest, most miraculous babies ever born. I fly in tomorrow to meet them and I'm absolutely giddy about it.

Mr. Bear is still having seizures, bless him. He did good for about a week but these past few nights have been tremor-filled to say the least. The poor guy was standing beside me on the couch tonight and had one so bad, he toppled over onto his head. Breaks my heart. I'll go back in a few weeks to check his bloodwork again and figure out other options for treatment. My bank account is pretty right now. K.

I haven't officially started my training for the half marathon yet. Just a few 3-mile jogs here and there. The race is on June 24 so I will get down to business after this weekend's mini-vacation. My new shoes sure are awesome, though.

My first St. Patrick's Day living in Chicago is next weekend! Since I'm only half Irish, I bought a shirt that says "IRISHish" on it. For your sake, only the decent pictures will be posted from that day. Until then, you can stare at this picture like I have been alllllllll day long....

Anderson and Baney

No comments: