It's official! I have a J-O-B! That was, um, way too easy. Pretty sure I've made the best decision of my life to move here.
I start next week and will be working 3.5 days a week--Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and a half day Friday OR Saturday, depending on what week it is. I will start five days a week in July. AND my boss will NOT be working Saturdays at all in July and August!
I cannot tell you how excited I am about this office. Everyone, including bossman, is so helpful and nice. The girls that already work for him have been there for years and years which says A LOT. I have a view of Wrigley Field from my 7th floor window. Hell, and I already have a few extra brownie points because I'm from Augusta...and the man is ob-sessed with the Masters. But, the absolute best part about this new job? It is directly across the street from Molly's Cupcakes. K. Food Network's reigning "Cupcake Wars" champion. They're going to know my name by next week.
I'm still getting a ton of "Why the heck did you move up north?!?" and it's hilarious to start a conversation with someone and they cock their head to the side and say "WHERE is that drawl FROM?" But I love it. Love, love, love it here. It's almost as if I walk a little taller and breathe a little better. Except when I get on the wrong freaking bus, which I've done twice now. Damnit, I've GOT to get better with that.
My first official visitors, Jessica and Andy, are coming to Chicago next week and I'm so excited. Be ready for some amazing pictures to come from that! Until then, let us all pray for some sun and warmth here. 40 degrees in May is getting a little ridiculous. 'Preciate it.
3 comments:
Yay!! Congrats on the job! So glad you are settling in. Have fun with Andy and Jessica!
YEAH!!!!!!!!!So excited for you. You will have to let me know about the cupcakes! So happy for you.
Andrea
So I guess I shouldn't bring my bathing suit?
Congrats again on the job, and can't wait to have one of those cupcakes...and see you of course! Love you!
Post a Comment