Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Observations.

I've been living in the city for a month now. And here is what I've noticed....

  • A lot of people smoke here. Tons. I get really excited when I see a cute business man strutting down the street....then he takes a ginormous drag off of his cigarette. Makes me wanna vomit. 
  • People stare. All the time. 
  • Those people that stare....are wearing ear phones. Ear phones galore here. I almost feel stupid if I'm NOT walking down the street/riding the train without my iPod and ear phones. 
  • Dry cleaners on every. single. corner. More dry cleaners than Starbucks and Dunkins put together. 
Everything else is going great. Love my new office. I actually filled-in at an office last weekend that was above the Louis Vuitton store on Michigan Avenue. That could have been *really* dangerous. The Dentist there sounded just like Jerry Seinfeld. I actually busted out laughing a few times...

I'm very, very, very, very, very sad that LesMills BodySTEP is not offered anywhere around here. The closest class is a 2ish hour bus ride away. So, I've just started...running. I was never a runner but always wanted to be. Everytime I'd try to start, I'd give up. But it's different here. I just put on my iPod and weave through the streets of my neighborhood, usually with a few laps around Wrigley, and feel like I could go forever (MOST days). I even signed up for my first 5K coming up in June. It's through the Lincoln Park Zoo! 

Jess and Andy, my sister and brother-in-law, are visiting this week for their 10 year anniversary and we're having a good time. I tried to show them around the city but within 7 minutes, Andy knew where every street was. How do men do that? The list keeps growing for visitors this summer and I can't wait to see everyone.....aaaaand go to 384 more baseball games and 3827 more boat tours! Good times!

2 comments:

Mary said...

I miss you more than you will ever know, love you more...
MmmieK

Unknown said...

you should go to a gym and bring les mills to them!