Friday, May 27, 2011

Just Living Life...

I really don't have much to post lately. I feel like every post is....."I freaking LOVE this place!" or "I was meant to be here!" etc, etc.....

But it's the truth. LOL. I can't say these things enough.

I waited on the bus this morning in the rain. And the 36 degree weather. And the 25 mph wind gusts that blew my umbrella inside out 237489327 times. The bus FINALLY came. I got on...sat down...fixed my stupid damn broken umbrella....and grinned. I just love every second.

I am finally feeling more comfortable at my new office. Being the new girl SUCKS. I'm trying to be all professional and exert that "southern belle" persona when all I want to say to my coworkers is "I cuss and I drink and want to be loud and do cartwheels down the hall like I did at my last job!!!!". But...in time my friends. In time.

The Chicago Transit Authority (AKA the buses and trains) still continues to screw me over on a daily basis. Maybe I should just swallow my pride and carry the damn map of the city around with me. It'd be a whole lot easier than just "guessing" what street the bus "may" go to. I don't recommend that. At all. Although, I still continue to guess.

I have grown to love running. Never thought I would say that! Ran 4.8 miles the other night! What?! Can't wait for my first race next weekend!

Booked my first trip home in July. Well, to Florence, SC. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my family...but...I gotta see my niece, Morgan! I sent her a new ballerina outfit and cannot wait to see her in action!

It's Memorial Day weekend which kicks off Chicago's "Festival Season". Seriously, a different festival(s) every weekend around this place. Just name a street.....there's a festival. I will be heading to the Belmont Festival this weekend and I'm hoping for no rain! The forecast says 81....I think I can handle that after 27 years of one thousand degree plus 100% humidity weather in Georgia/South Carolina!

I hope everyone has a safe and fun holiday weekend :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You could titled this post Just Loving Life. So happy for you!
Love, Andrea