Thursday, April 14, 2011

Big Day

I really never thought this day would come. But...it has. Moving day! We're going to pick up the infamous moving truck in a few hours, pack up what little I have and hit the road at 12am. Sounds crazy but that is the advice everyone has given me--drive at night! I will make sure to take plenty of pictures of two girls, a dog and a moving truck.

Yesterday was a pretty emotional day as I worked the last time at Augusta Dental Associates, my first job after graduating college six years ago. I even started the day off with a full-mouth debridement A.K.A. a yuck-mouth. It was...really sweet. But, my coworkers and bosses threw me a little party at lunch and sent me off with some awesome gifts. I had a lump in my throat the whole day but I still felt like I wasn't sad enough?! Do I have no soul? Ha! Alas, Dr. V, who has been such a mentor to me, gave me a big hug at the end of the day and I got a bit choked up. Bittersweet to say the least.

I cannot express how amazing my family, friends and support system has been in the last few months. It's overwhelming how much I am loved. And after being a brat about my sisters not even throwing me a "Good Bye Party", I walked into Mi Rancho last Saturday to a surprise party. It was unbelievable. Pictures soon to come. Let's just say I ended up singing "Don't Stop Believin" with the band next door. Yikes. Everyone has been so gracious and very willing to take me out one last time....I think I've woken up with a hangover for the past 3 weeks. Worth it, though.

I will try to update the blog and/or Facebook as much as possible throughout the trip tonight. I would even love to be a fly on the walls of that moving truck! Until then....I guess I should start packing. K.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are doing what you set out to do! Congratulations! You will make it far in life. We are so proud of you. So happy you arrived safe and sound. Now we want to hear the funny stories! Love you! Andrea

Jessica said...

Can't wait to see an update on how things are going up there! I will post going away party pics on FB soon. Love you!