Wednesday, February 9, 2011

PROS and CONS

Three months ago, with the help of Rachel Degen, I came up with this little "idea" to move to Chicago. Yea, real little, eh? I decided immediately that no rash decisions would be made and that if everything worked out in my favor, then the move was meant to be. I got a little notebook and started writing out all of my plans, phone numbers to moving companies, websites for hygiene jobs, etc. Then I started a list of PROS and CONS. The list of PROS is overwhelming. Just this "idea" of moving and starting a whole new, fresh chapter changed my whole attitude about life.

I sat at work one day and started working the CONS list (Please don't give my bosses the link to this blog. Kthanks.). I came up with....one:



The second one didn't hit me until this weekend. I woke up Saturday morning, hopped in my car and drove five minutes down the road to spend the day with my niece. My sweet, beautiful, too-smart-for-her-own-good niece, Morgan.

I won't be able to do that while living in Chicago. *chirp*chirp*chirp*

The same feelings, of course, go for my family and close friends. But they all know me. They know my voice. They know my face when I walk into a room. I don't want Morgan, who is only 15 months old, growing up not knowing any of those things. I know she will be a phone call and a plane ride away but it's still going to be very tough. But I will make it happen. So...

Dear Morgan,
Your Aunt Elizabeth is the coolest of the Aunts (sorry, Jess). She had to move away to make certain there wasn't anything bigger in this world to offer her. She will continuously call you, text you pictures and send awesome gifts in the mail. And she loves you more than you'll ever know. And she will bail you out of jail ANY DAY.

Love,
Aunt Elizabeth




 Sweet little thang...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She will never forget you and if she could talk she'd be the first to say, "Go-have fun!Follow Your Dream!" Can't u skype or whatever it is called?
Love you!
Andrea

Katie said...

Aww I teared up! When I told Morgan you were going to move she said "all done!" I suppose this translates to: Aunt Ewizabit, you are "all done" with Augusta and need to follow your dreams to the Windy City!

She is proud of her Aunt Ewizabit and loves you SOOO much! You got this. Make it your bitch! We love you!!!

jttiger03 said...

MLC will want to have an AWESOME place to visit! Besides Katie will just throw her on a train for you to pick up. K.

Love
JT

PS- Awesome pics of pretty ladies!!

Jessica said...

Awww, little munchkinism. We will all miss you very much and just want you to be happy! Just so she doesn't get confused, I'll tell her everyday that I am her favorite Aunt. Just kidding.

Love your pics...I wonder who took them? Ha!

Everything will be just fine. Love you!