That's right. 55 days until I move. YIKES. Some days I think "Ohhh I have plenty of time" then other days my stomach sinks to my feet and it is...kinda hard to breathe.
I had a patient last month who is moving to Sweden (Oy. Atleast I'm not moving to Sweden, Mary Kelly!) and she has lived all over the country supporting her husband and his job. She offered me some very good advice and said the first month away was going to be a breeze. Then...it was going to hit me. "Ya know whatcha do when that happens?" she asked. "Drink...?" of course I answered. She laughed and said "You take a nap. Don't cry. Don't drink. Just take a nap."
Yes, of course I know it will hit me like a ton of bricks once I'm all settled in. But I couldn't ask for more support than I've gotten from my family and friends which I know will make the transition a little easier. IF the transition is harder than I thought, then I guess I will be taking my share of naps. Aaand probably drinking too. Duh.
Update on living back in North Augusta with the parents: It's as if I never left. Hell, I even got a speeding ticket driving over the bridge yesterday. A nice little "Welcome Back!" gift from North Augusta's finest. I try to stay out of the way of Mike and Mary Kelly and do my share of chores. I think Mom almost cried the other night when she saw I had folded her laundry! I'm trying to regain my spot as "favorite child" since my sister birthed the first grandchild.
And just giving a shout out to my big sister and asking for prayers as she and Andy go through another round of treatment to bring the next Hucko offspring into this world. Because we ALL know that's what this world needs. You can read her story here. She's an amazing writer, you will definitely laugh out loud!
Hope everyone has a nice week with this amazing 70 degree weather. And remember that the speed limit going across the 13th Street Bridge is 35 MPH. Not 51. Oops.
1 comment:
You are so sweet! Thanks for the shout out.
Annnnddd...you have to remember that NAPD is more concerned about the speeders...all of the murderers get away.
Are you going to be in the Jail Report? High five!
Post a Comment