So, it's been a long week...
When I first moved to Chicago, I started working some weekends for a dentist on Michigan Avenue. And since I've lived here, I have always helped them out when they needed a fill-in hygienist. Welllll, this week they called me and offered me a full time job....with FULL benefits and paid days off and holiday pay, etc., which I do not have right now.
After some of the most stressful days of my life, I finally came to a decision and accepted the job. It was an offer I could not refuse. I don't have a spouse. And I don't have a second income to rely on if I need to. It would have been STUPID of me to pass up a job that gives me free health insurance and paid days off (y'all know I go home ALL. THE. TIME.) amongst several other nice benefits/bonuses.
It was the hardest decision I've ever made. It was especially hard because of my relationship with my current boss and coworkers. It's a great office with great people....but so is my "new" office. I felt like I really blindsided my boss but I knew I had to put all emotions aside and do it for myself. He took it as well as expected and we both agreed to end everything on good terms.
I gave my two week notice on Friday and start at my new job in a few weeks. I'm so nervous and so excited for my new career path! And I'll be working ON the Magnificent Mile so I will be extra poor! HA! Not really, the bag I want at Chanel costs as much as three mortgage payments. Bless.
Phew. Did that really just happen?
1 comment:
Congratulations! Keep saving for that Chanel.
Looks like you have some cold, windy weather heading your way!
Andrea
Post a Comment