2012 was my first FULL year living in Chicago! Has it really been almost two years since I moved here? Crazy. I went back and read the post I wrote after living here a year and I can say that things have changed a little I guess. When I first moved to Chicago, I knew in my heart and soul that I would never leave. Fast forward to now and I know I'll be back closer to home one day. Could be next week, could be a few years. Who knows!?
I've had a lot of time to sit down and think about how my life and attitude was 20 months ago, even a year ago...and how it is today. Back then I was bitter and whiney and "whoa is me" and looking for fights and thought my world was going to end if I didn't meet get a boyfriend as soon as possible. Eeesh. Today and within the past year....I don't worry as much. I live one day at a time. I try my damnedest to stay more positive. The last thing on my mind (Most days. K.) is a boy. I have never loved my body this much and, surprise, I don't have to exercise twice a day and eat only lettuce like I did then (I'm also smaller than I was then!?). I'm still the queen of pity parties but that has even gotten better along with being a pushover, HA! And most importantly to my family, I have not turned into a flaming Liberal Democrat. Phew.
I could go on and on about how this place has changed me for the better. For me, Chicago is a very healing city. It scares me to think what dark hole I would still be in if I hadn't moved or gone through some of the things I've been through here...and I've been through more here than I ever did in South Carolina. I get asked everyday if I'm happy with my decision to move here and any regrets? There are none. I am so happy. Yes, I miss my family when I can't just get in the car and ride down the street to see them but it is what it is. As long as I keep sending gifts then it's fine! **Ralphie grin**
So, enough with the sap. Here is the year in pictures! Here's to a great 2013! I hope I get a boyfriend. I won't. Wait, be more positive. Yay boys! Happy New Year y'all!
 |
| January: One of the first snows! |
 |
| January: That's a lot of snow, man. |
 |
| January: We learn my new nephews names!! |
 |
| January: There are cute men on the train! K. |
 |
| January: How snow comes down in one day in Chicago. Poor gnomes. |
 |
| January: Jessica's first baby shower! Yay twins! |
 |
| February: NEW APARTMENT!! |
 |
| March: Welcome to the world, Anderson and Baney, my awesome nephews! |
 |
| March: In love |
 |
| March: St. Patty's day in Chi! |
 |
| April: Steve broke a nail. LOL |
 |
| April: I joined a kickball league and met some awesome ladies! |
 |
| May: Braves VS. Cubs at Wrigley Field! |
 |
| May: Mom and Dad came to visit! This is me and Mom on the architectural boat tour! |
 |
| May: Daddy Mike in Chicago! |
 |
| June: My best friend, Andrea, came to visit. (P.S. She's expecting in May 2013! AAHHH!) |
 |
| June: Ran my first AND LAST half marathon! |
 |
| June: One of the funnest days of my life tailgating and going to the Jimmy Buffett concert! |
 |
| July: Got to go home to see my nephews! |
 |
| July: A trip to the beach with the fam and Morgan! One of my favorite pics of all time with her! |
 |
| July: Fripp Island with Katie and MLC |
 |
| July: Jen T. and Katie came to visit. What up, Bean. |
 |
| July: Wrigleyville with Jen T. and Katie! |
 |
| July: Cubby Bear! |
 |
| July: And don't forget the new friends we made at Bobby Love's! |
 |
| September: Back home at Lake Murray for Labor day! |
 |
| September: My first SEC game in two years...Vanderbilt at Northwestern! |
 |
| September: Went to Normal, IL to meet Miss Olivia! |
 |
| October: My birthday trolley!! |
 |
| October: Too much fun on the birthday trolley! |
 |
| October: WAAAYY too much fun on the birthday trolley! |
 |
| October: Barb's wedding! |
 |
| November: Reunited with Morgan for Thanksgiving! |
 |
| November: And reunited with these cuties for Thanksgiving! |
 |
| November: Miss Priss and her Princess 3rd Birthday party! |
 |
| December: New boobiesssssss! |
 |
| December: Waiting to go in for surgery! |
 |
| December: Christmas with my three favorite people in the whole entire world! |
 |
December: Christmas. What else matters when you have this?
2013 is gonna be the best year yet! I feel it! |
No comments:
Post a Comment