I was so excited when my parents, Mary Kelly and Mike, came to visit me for the first time since I've been in Chicago. My Mom didn't think she'd ever make it because she "just knew" that the plane would come crashing down before she got here. But....they made it (phew.) and we had such a good time...with the exception of one of the hottest weekends Chicago has ever had. 98 degrees never hurt a couple of people from South Carolina.
We did all of the touristy stuff, of course, and had plenty of down time to relax and do what we do best. Drink beer. I was so sad to see them go. Mary Kelly has informed me that she will be moving here as soon as possible. Ha! I think she finally realizes why I moved 900 miles away. Chicago is ah-mazing. That's why.
 |
| Me and MK on the Chicago River Architecture Boat Tour |
 |
| THE BEAN!!! It needs cleaning. Maybe they can move here and be professional BEAN cleaners. |
 |
| Michigan Avenue |
 |
| So proud of her for embracing buses and trains! |
 |
| Michigan Avenue with my Dad. I look super happy in the picture. I mean, I was but eeesh. |
Andrea landed last night in Chicago so I have another awesome weekend planned with her. Her favorite thing to do here is eat at a restaurant called Bakin' and Eggs. One of their appetizers is called Flight of Bacon, which is 5 or 6 different flavors of bacon strips. It's hilarious. I guess you gotta be here to witness....
Get excited. I'm gonna do JUNE PHOTO A DAY with my Instagram app on my iPhone. Posts everyday for the month of June! Look for the first one sometime today!
No comments:
Post a Comment