Hahah I'm kidding, I'm not that crazy. Partly because Rachel gives me a piece of candy every now and then if I do chores for her. You see, it works out because Rach CAN control herself around candy. And can keep whole bags hidden in her room only eating two or three pieces at a time. Me? I can devour a bag of hershey kisses in a matter of minutes. Time me. It gets ugly.
So, when Rachel really wanted a Diet Coke from the 7/11 across the street yesterday but didn't feel like moving off of the couch, I bartered....."I'll go get you a Diet Coke if you give me two Reese's eggs when I get back." And it was as simple as that. No I did not last through the month with no candy but I didn't blow it by inhaling 75 pieces of Twizzlers either. It's all about portion control. And Rachel has got me right where she wants me.
No alcohol on the other hand is going fine. But people sure do make you feel like a piece of shit when you tell them you're trying to hold off from drinking. Geez.
And this....is as exciting as my life gets.
1 comment:
Ummm, how long is the no alcohol? Bless it HARD.
Post a Comment