Do y'all want the good news or the bad news first? K.
Lets do bad news.
Last Wednesday, I got "let go" from my job. Right outta left field. Thrown under the bus. Hindsight is 20/20 and WOW, I put up with a lot of nonsense this summer but it was a job. Needless to say, it's been a rough few days, but I'm definitely better off, right? Right. Gotta stay positive.
I set out on a mission the. next. day. to bust my ass and pass out resumes around Chicago. Mind you, it was 100 degrees out Thursday and I have no car. I walked every single street and walked every floor of a few different highrises. I think I handed out around 30-35 resumes in person.
Well, here's the good news. I start my brand new full-time job on Monday. And it's downtown (I'm in LOVE with downtown!). And it's with five awesome doctors. And the staff actually talks to me and wants to get to know me! And the view from my 19th floor office room is that of Trump Tower!
I got a call Thursday night after having 38 heat strokes while handing out resumes all day. A dentist was looking to hire on a fourth dental hygienist because his practice was growing so fast. We talked a bit then set up a date to meet this week and I did a working interview yesterday. At the end of my working interview, he offered me a full-time position. I was absolutely giddy. My eyes fill up with tears just thinking about how much I loved working in his office and with his staff.
If you don't believe everything happens for a reason then go back and read this post again. Or hell, read my blog from the very beginning. I took a gigantic blow to the ego last week. Huge. But it was reconfirmed this week that I'm not meant to do anything else in this world but clean teeth....
Now, if the Gamecocks can destroy Georgia this weekend, it will be the best week for me since living in Chicago! GO COCKS!
1 comment:
Omg...so scary! Very happy that you found another job so quickly. What a jerk. Thank goodness it was a blessing in disguise. Love you and we'll make sure the jerk never gets Masters tickets...ever! We can RUIN his name at Augusta National. Peace out homie.
Post a Comment