July 15th marked three months I've moved to Chicago. THREE MONTHS! Who remembers MY FIRST POST back in November when I was just conjuring up the idea to move? I'd never moved out of my little home town, much less 900 miles away. I dropped everything, sold my car, quit my job and drove a Uhaul 900 miles to be here. Everything worked out. And perfectly. Some days I still have mini freak-outs that something could maybe go wrong. I knock on a whole lotta wood. Truth be told....moving here was the best. decision. of. my. life.
The latest news around here, as I'm sure you've all seen on Facebook, is the heat. I'm f'ing hot. Most days, it's just as hot here as it is in Augusta/North Augusta. Everyone keeps saying, "Oh you're from the south, you can handle this heat!" My first reaction is to punch them with my sweaty fist...but then I just have to remind people that there are air conditioners everywhere in the south....and you don't have to walk around the city and wait on buses/trains, you get in air conditioned cars. The window air units/fans help here in our apartment but it's definitely not the same as central air. I have vowed to NEVER use a fan again after this summer. And I hope I get so cold in the winter that I go numb. Okay, bitching is over....
I had an "interview" Friday with a girl that's opening up a fitness studio in the South Loop. It will not have Les Mills classes, mostly pilates/bar based classes, but we're hoping to incorporate my certifications into the group fitness. We shall see. Who knows, I could end up getting certified in pilates! Not a bad idea...
Visitors are still coming and going this summer. Rachel's parents were just in town for the weekend and took us to 'Westside Story' on broadway and dinner at Hub51 (unbelievable food!). My visitors next weekend are Miriam, JoAshley, Lindsey, Katie and Melissa....they are staying downtown and we have a packed itinerary. I'm SO excited to see them and show them the city! I've been studying my downtown maps...
Perhaps the most exciting news lately is that of my sister. Most of you who read my blog read hers too so we all know that everything is still HUSH HUSH. You can read all about her bun(s) in the oven HERE! I'm so happy for you and love you so much!
Hope everyone has a good week....58 days 'til Fall, woohoo!
2 comments:
:) Love you too!
:) ~Katie
Post a Comment