Finally back in the swing of things in Chicago after almost a week in South Carolina! I had so much fun with my family, drank way too much beer and ate way too much fried stuff. I even passed along my unhealthy obsession with Dooneese to my sisters and mom. Google her, you will cry tears of laughter. I gotta admit though, as I stepped off the train onto my street Monday night after a long day of travel, I took in the biggest breath of Chicago air and thanked my lucky stars that I live here.
Now...Throwback Thursday...
January 2009. Landed in Chicago and Lake Michigan was FROZEN. I thought all of the pictures from this particular trip had been lost but this picture just popped up somehow and made me laugh. I'm pointing to one of the most amazing attractions the city has to offer... THE BEAN! As if all of you didn't already know how much I'm obsessed with it. I never even thought in that moment, two and a half years ago, that I would ever live here. And now I've been here for 3 months to the day. God bless Chicago.

No comments:
Post a Comment