The plan is to move in with Mike and Mary Kelly next weekend for a few months. I get the feeling that Mary Kelly is just *thrilled* to have me move back in...right, Mom? This gives me the opportunity to pay off some bills and create a little nest egg so I don't have to start working the minute I move to Chicago. I will also be selling my car for an extra chunk of change to have a little cushion. I'm looking at the weekend before Easter, April 16, to move. My dad said he's ready to drive the U-Haul up there. Does he know it's a 14 hour drive? K. This is all just a plan. And do things usually go according to plan?? Eeehhhh I have my fingers crossed. And prayers would be appreciated!
I spent last weekend IN Chicago with my future roomate and dogmate. And ironically, stayed an extra three days because Augusta, NOT Chicago, was snowed/iced in. We had a blast as usual--we went to a Blackhawks hockey game, saw 'Wicked' on Broadway (Holy Moses, go see it NOW!) and I went to see the Bean....again....for the 392048th time. And drank massive amounts of alcohol. But, I'm sure you assumed that. Staying the extra 3 days was awesome. I didn't even want to come back to Augusta, except to get my dog. That's when it kinda hit me. I had made the right decision to move. Although, I don't think it's hit me completely yet. I have a feeling I'll be walking down the hallway at work one day and I'll just burst into tears.
P.S. Got the new heating/air system all installed and it's pretty. That was a fun check to write. ...Sike.
Here are some pictures of my future home. YAY!
Me, cold? Naaahhh...
On the bus. I have alot to learn about buses and trains.
Blackhawks. And beer!
Downtown Chicago
Ready for WICKED!
Aaaaahhhhh....The BEAN!
Aaaand playing by myself in the Bean.
View from my rooftop deck.
My room!
Living room!
Kitchen!
Dining room!
I'm so excited. Wish me luck this week with all the packing. That $6.99 bottle of wine is still waiting on you if you'd like to help....










3 comments:
I totally missed that post! You know I NEEEEEED that $6.99 bottle of wine!
I love that you refer to your parents as "Mike and Mary Kelly" instead of Mom and Dad...you are a silly girl!
I'm proud of you! Greg and I have been talking about moving to Colorado and as much as I want to, I have been chicken shit. If you can do it with your dog, I can surely do it with my dog and husband!
Too bad I'm not coming in to town until you are needed to be out, I would help you move but please make that a $16.99 bottle of wine...I love me some moscato, thanks.
I am THRILLED you are staying with us! I will be going with you and Daddy and maybe we'll just FLY back!!! I DON'T want you to go, silly girl...that's why I'm acting weird, you are my baby girl, and always will be...
Love,
MaryKelly ;)
Post a Comment