Friday, January 7, 2011

Hey Y'all!

I must be popular because I've had several people asking me to update my blog in the past couple of days. Special. Aw....

Warning: I just got back from drinking margaritas with some dear friends so please excuse any typos. K.

Anyway, alot has been going on! As I told everyone in the last post, Joey (my realtor/property manager) and I decided that renting would be my best option at this point. ESPECIALLY in this market. So, as he predicted, after the new year we got several calls from people interested in renting my house. WOO! Atleast we know people are interested, right? Of course we've had some no-shows to look at my place, which to me are blessings in disguise....if ya ain't gonna show for a simple appointment, how the hell are ya gonna pay some rent on time or take care of my house?! I showed my place to a very sweet mom and her daughter on Tuesday and fell in love with them. Perfect renters. BUT...they had 4-5 other houses to look at before deciding. They will let me know by tomorrow. EEEEEE! What an emotional roller coaster! Once my house is rented out, the ball really gets rolling. And then I can really start to plan on when I get the heck outta here!

Another bump in the road....my heater has been blowing out very frosty air, BUT only every couple of days does it do so. Bless. Just what I need. I've decided to bite the bullet and just replace the whoooollleee heat/air system. Bless, again. Have I every told you how much I love being a home owner? No? Well, now is that time. Does anyone want to contribute to Elizabeth's new HVAC system fund? I think donations are tax deductible, no?

As I'm typing this, cold air is blowing on me. The heat is on 70. Wait for it....bless.

In other news....did you know that squirrels like to get in your house and destroy it? I learned that last Tuesday as I came home to one. In my house. Yes, IN my house. I came home for a quiet lunch with my sweet little dog only to discover that my house looked like it had been robbed. I'm talking.....lamps, picture frames, candles, etc. from my coffee and end tables on the ground, curtains twisted, plants knocked over. You name it. Bear led me to the culprit...hanging on for dear life from the blinds at the top of the window in the kitchen. Dear Lord, what happened between those two when they discovered each other? I know, just picture National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. .....SQQQQUIRRRRELLLL!!!! K.

I ended up calling my Mom first. Why? Because Mary Kelly would have the best comments at a time like this. "Hell, I don't know, call your damn brother!" Second, my brother. For lack of better terms, I told him to get the hell over to my house and QUICK. He was kind of...excited? Then, I called 911. K. "Hello, this isn't an emergency but there's a squirrel in my house and I'm single and no husband or boyfriend and I don't know how to get him out" were the exact words. They got animal control over and homeboy chased him out the front door. Still NO idea how he got in the house. And poor Joseph from my manger scene was lost in the midst of madness. He has been recovered and safely returned to Mary, Baby Jesus and the Wisemen. My life in a nutshell, folks.

You tell me how he got up there...

P.S. Keep finding desheveled things in my house. Oh, and apparently squirrels shed because I don't have long gray hair. Aaaand neither does Bear.

I fly out of Augusta tomorrow and make my way to Chicago for a weekend trip. And to measure my "bedroom" to make sure everything will fit. I hate to even talk like I'm definitely moving up there because I don't want to jinx it. Me and Rachel have a lot planned....Blackhawks game, WICKED on Broadway, pizza, beer....so plenty of pictures will be taken with my new camera!

Hope everyone has a great weekend! :) I will for sure be in touch with news about my house!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Yay for drunk posts, renters, squirrels, and Chicago!!! I might just pick up and move up there with you...nothing holding me back here. Love you and hope you have a great time with Rachel and your new camera! Make me proud!