Saturday, December 18, 2010

Sooo...

My house is on the market. YIKES! I'm not even getting my hopes up...but...someone might even be making an offer tomorrow. TOMORROW Y'ALL. Please keep your fingers crossed and say a teeny lil prayer. That'd be great, thanks.

I told a friend today that I think I'm going through a mini-mid-life crisis. Ha! I just...do not want to be a big girl anymore. And by big girl, I mean owning a house and a car and paying insurances and property taxes and home warranties and being responsible for the AC/heat unit and the roof and the rotting wood and paying neighborhood association fees. Phew. Okay. It's TOO MUCH for me right now. I'm 27 years old and I'm as stressed out as I've ever been making sure ends meet. And I don't need to be. I feel like I was pressured into living my life like this, like it was the right and only thing to do. Because in the south, doesn't every girl graduate college, immediately get married, buy a cute little home and live the rest of her life happily ever after?! Yea, my life hasn't *quite* taken that path. And I'm finally starting to realize that that is O-K-A-Y. Have I rambled enough? Was this paragraph too much? Does my blog suck? K.

I've had ALOT of time to think since I've been living on my own and to sum it up....my life will be much simpler and stress-free if I move. If I just get rid of everything stressing me out and get the heck out of here. I don't know if that makes sense to you, but it's all perfect sense in my head. I will get to Chicago. It may be next month, it may be next year. But I'm getting there, damnit.

Everything else in my life lately has been great. The holidays are in full swing (Another one spent being single. Bless. A post for another day) and last weekend I spent with one of my closest friends as she married the man of her dreams. So sweet. Barf. Just kidding. Kinda. Here are some pics...

The beautiful bride, Brittany

Julie, Court, Me

Waiting to walk down the aisle...

The bridal party at the reception

Fun times at the reception

 Hygiene girls!

The groom's MJ debut. He nailed it!

My sis (@JourneyUterus), Mama, Rach and Me

My future roomate in CHICAGO!!!!!

We don't look alike at all...nope. 


I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and I will keep y'all updated on any news with the house!

3 comments:

J said...

I miss you Ebeth! It makes perfect sense to me...I think this move will be a great thing for you...just wait until Greg graduates because I need the laughs when I come to visit! I will be in Augusta the end of January for 10 days to celebrate being 28 and kid free (FML)! :)

Katie Covar said...

"It's TOO COLD! It's hUrts mY tEEth!" ~Ross from Friends, k.

I guess I'll come visit on one condition...you get your ass home for Turkey Day! I'll pay for you ticket...half your ticket!

kloveyoudon'tdiekbye.

Elizabeth said...

@Jessica--Thank you. Can't wait to hang out again! I'll bring the vodka! K.

@Katie--You know I will do anything in my power to be there....just a little deep in thought at the moment. K. LoveyouI'llwearextralayersKbye.