Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving in Flo-town

For the second Thanksgiving in a row, some of the Hucko clan made the 2 hour trip to Florence to spend Thanksgiving with my sister's family. Since my niece was born last year, it's just easier on my sister, Katie, if we travel to her. I ate so much that I'm pretty sure I blacked out at one point. The food was freaking amazing and about three cases of beer were gone in two days. I vaguely remember having a freestyle rap battle with my sister, my brother and my brother-in-law....and I vaguely remember being so God-awful that I wasn't given anymore turns. K. We missed my sister, Jessica, and her husband, Andy, since they spent the weekend with his family and missed my dad, who had to work. And did I mention that I made a casserole for the first time ever?! Homegirl is getting domesticated, haaaaayyyy!

My Mom mentioned that Thanksiving in Florence should become a tradition for our family. Everyone loved the idea and I, of course, agreed. I didn't say anything at the time, but it's a little sad to think that next year, if I'm living in Chicago, that I might not make it down south to spend Thanksgiving with my family since airfare costs $98743298 a ticket these days and I definitely want to be home for Christmas (run-on sentence? K.). A bittersweet thought and another con to add to the list of 'Pros and Cons'. The list of Pros still outweigh the Cons, though. Phew...

Here are some pics from Thanksgiving...my niece is the cutest kid EVER!

My niece, Morgan
Mom, Katie and me. 
Uncle Daniel and MLC  
Me and my nugget, ShugaButt
Lovely mother-daughter picture, hehe! 
 Just trying to help out with the cooking...
Sweet lil family!
 Fun with PhotoBooth!
So funny!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I at least expected some cardboard cutouts of mine & Andy's heads! Haha! Oh well...missed yall so much!