Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Mr. Bear Update!

Guess who's home from the animal hospital and back to his normal self??!!

Bear has not had any seizures since the first one and he is still on his same phenobarbital medication. We still didn't quite figure out what caused the seizure. The vet in the neurology department (I know, right? A dog neurologist?) concluded that it could have been a withdrawal seizure because I missed a dose between Thursday and Friday. He wanted to do an MRI but I had to put my foot down when he told me it'd cost over $4000. That's three zeros, y'all. 

He's 11 years old. At this point, all I can do is love him and pray for a few more good years. And remember his medication. Sigh. 

I never realized how much I loved this animal until Sunday. My abs are sore from crying. I am just so happy he's home and praying it doesn't happen again. Thank y'all for all of the thoughts and prayers!! 

The bill still wasn't pretty, though. In the words of Kristin Wig on 'Bridesmaids'....."Help me I'm poor."

No comments: