Several months ago, I noticed that Bear started to get a little tremor here or there. I attributed it to him just getting older (he'll be 10 in June!). Well, he had a very bad tremor at the end of the year that lasted about five seconds where he lost all control of his body and ended up falling off of the couch (pet owner of the year right here). I let it slide and thought to myself, okay, if it happens again then I will take action. He had little ones here and there and I never really thought anything of it (I call it denial) until the past couple of weeks, they've been getting pretty bad. Rachel even had to catch him the other night as he had an episode while standing up. I took him to the vet today and it turns out that, yes, he is having seizures.
X-rays showed no tumors or masses so some bloodwork was done and I'll know the results in a few days if they detected any under lying causes. The vet was very thorough (And expensive. Ay.) and is determined to find the reason....even going as far as contacting a cardiologist and a neurologist to help find some answers. Until then, he's taking Phenobarbitol (the typical anti-seizure drug) to help stop them. He's still as sweet and playful as can be....just with a little tick here and there. Prayers for the little guy are much appreciated....
![]() |
| Sweet boy. And bless, Steve wanted in on the picture too... |

1 comment:
I LOVE that picture of Steve and Bear! LOL hard. And I loooove Bear! We hope he's okay and it's a quick fix! Love y'all! Can't wait to see you soon!
Katie
Post a Comment