Monday, October 17, 2011

Life is Short but Sweet for Certain...

So sorry I've been a slacker with blogging. 

My Memommy passed away last Monday. Needless to say, it's been a tough week for the Hucko/Bultman/Kelly clan. Even at 81 years old, nobody ever expected that she'd be gone. I had imprinted in my brain that she was going to make it to 95 like her mother did. But it was her time and MAN, is there a sweet angel (with A LOT of wine) up in heaven watching over me now. 

I got the call at work Monday afternoon with the news. Crazy thing is...all morning I just didn't feel right. I had my usual cup of coffee and bowl of oatmeal but couldn't gain control of my body. Like someone was controlling it for me. At one point, I went into trembles and had to sit for a minute. My mom called an hour later. I knew it was bad news about Memommy. Not bad news about my Dad or my siblings or anyone else. I just...knew it was Memommy.

It's been a roller coaster of emotions. One minute we're laughing about how many ice cubes she used to put in her wine glass and how contagious her giggle was....and the next we're bawling because she isn't in the room. Or she won't be there for the holidays. One thing is for sure...she was a special lady and hilarious stories will be told about her for years to come...

My FAVORITE picture of her!

Always a wine glass in hand. 
 
July 2011. So thankful for moments like these...

Holding hands. She always made sure she did when I was around...

I could listen to her tell stories all night long.

Hucko kids with Memommy and Mandaddy. 

And none of my blog posts are complete without pictures of Sweet Meat...

So she didn't wanna wear pants...no big deal.

Neither did I. The truth is out...I hate wearing pants. The neighbor even walked in and I didn't miss a beat.

THANK YOU for all of the thoughts, prayers and sweet messages that y'all have sent to me and my family. Please continue to keep the family in your prayers, as well as the Long family, who lost Vicki the day after Memommy. I'm sure they're having a ball together...

4 comments:

Mrs.Grits said...

So sorry about your Memommy. You are very blessed to have such wonderful memories and photos of her. :-) Grandparents are the absolute best.

Anonymous said...

:) Love you!

Mollie said...

Just noticed that in the pic of you , Katie, and Momma facing the camera, Uncle Joseph is picking his nose. Nice. Lol!

Your post if awesome and so sweet. Memommy is definitely a special angel to have on our side. Love you bunches!

Love,

Aunt Mollie

PS. I didn't mean to eat your cheek off the day you got in town. I was just so happy that you could come home! :)

Jessica said...

Love this post...and love you! Gonna miss her so much!