Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Happy Birthday to MEEEEE!

YAY for birthdays! I turned 28 on Monday. TWENTY. EIGHT. AH. I had a fabulous day, if you don't count my parent's dog suddenly passing away (RIP Sandy...) and me locking myself out of my apartment. But really, I had a great day and felt very loved. Thanks to everyone for the wishes and gifts. I'd have to say my favorite present was the one from my brother:

Fitting, eh? Brilliant.

Rachel threw me an amazing birthday party last Saturday night and I'm still surprised at how many people showed up. I'm popular in the Midwest. SO glad that my sis and brother-in-law, Katie and Bryan, were here to celebrate too. We started the night at my apartment and headed to a neighborhood bar down the street. I somehow ended up at an all-night burrito stand in Lincoln Park but made it home safely. Yikes.

Rachel's special recipe brownies. Best things EVER.

The start of a fun night with Bryan and Katie.

Aaaaand the end of a fun night. 

My job is still going great. Fabulous, actually. It's getting more and more chilly in the city. Just ordered my snow boots (with BRIGHT pink laces, I will be cute this winter no matter how cold it is!!!!). And I'm about to book my plane ticket for Thanksgiving week. Time is flying...can y'all believe I've already lived here for six months? Blows my mind. 

I'm off to Normal, IL this weekend to hang out with my childhood friend, Melissa. I have no idea where it is. I'm just getting on a train to take me there. Mmmmkay. We're going to see Reba in concert so I'll make sure to take plenty of pictures. 

Have a good week! And send me more birthday presents! K.



1 comment:

Jessica said...

Love the shirt! I have a cool present for you next time you come home. Have fun this w/e and be careful!