Sooooo, guess who has spent almost $1000 at the vet in the past week?
About a month ago, poor Mr. Bear started, in lack of better words....leaking. Not only just a spot here or there, but so much I had to wash ALL of my bedding one weekend. I thought maybe a UTI but I knew deep down that it was something big.
My usual vet did some urine tests and took an X-ray and said that his liver was very enlarged. She started talking "quality of life" and I kinda didn't hear anything she had to say after that. Thank goodness, my coworker's cousin is an Veterinarian Internist (I know, right?) and he straightened everything out for me. And my leaky dog.
Bear has chronic kidney disease. He was started on a new pill, on top of his seizure pills, to help maintain his kidneys and help with the leaking. It's not a bad diagnosis, per say. It is very manageable. Hopefully the new medicine will start to help soon and he will stop peeing all over my apartment. If not, there is ANOTHER medicine that will help directly with that. In other words....my dog needs a damn pill box.
The liver is OKAY. Just a side effect from the seizure medicine.
Are y'all getting all of this?
The best/saddest/cutest/funniest thing about this story is that I have been trying out all kinds of diapers on Bear. Ask me for pictures in person...I just don't have the heart to post them on my blog because he was mortified (yes, he's a dog, but he was embarrassed, trust me.)! My roommate found a miracle discovery on Amazon called the Tinkle Belt, which is just a little absorbent belt that wraps around his stomach, and it works wonders. He is in great spirits. Always has been, which makes all of this a little easier.
So, in conclusion, my dog has epilepsy, heart disease, chronic kidney disease and an enlarged liver. Please contact me if you would like to donate to the "Elizabeth is SO FREAKING POOR fund". I need a drink.
![]() |
| He's just too sweet. |
![]() |
| My heart. Worth $39847398. |


No comments:
Post a Comment