Memories in pictures and tweets....
April 14, 2011: Last morning waking up in Carolina....it's beautiful out!
April 15, 2011: This is @Alandon tweeting for liz...this is the longest trip ever! |
April 15, 2011: Oh hello Chicagoooooo.
May 14, 2011: So glad @JourneyUterus and @AndersonNorrell are here in Chicago!!!!!!
May 26, 2011: What a gross day. Waiting on the bus in the wind and rain is F-U-N!!
June 6, 2011: Phew. Feels like the A-U-G in the C-H-I today...
July 14, 2011: Its chilly standing in the shade. God I love this city. How many times have I said that in the past 3 months?
September 13, 2011: I have now tasted every cupcake in Chicago.
August 26, 2011: Love how skinny the Bean makes you look...
August 26, 2011: So glad the professional pic of me and @Hollywood_Hucko at the Willis Tower made us look like a couple.
August 24, 2011: Braves vs. Cubs tonight at Wrigley! Wearing my Bravooooos shirt proudly!
August 26, 2011: Love how skinny the Bean makes you look...
August 26, 2011: So glad the professional pic of me and @Hollywood_Hucko at the Willis Tower made us look like a couple.
September 2, 2011: @Alandon and @sarahLIZ82 and I are having a blast in Chi this wknd!!
October 15, 2011: So many emotions, tears, laughs, memories this week. We'll miss you, Memommy!
October 26, 2011: Don't quite know where to look when I'm sitting on train and someone is standing in front of me with crotch in face...
November 10, 2011: High of 38. I love Chicago.
December 5, 2011: Have a date Thursday night to go see Xmas lights at the zoo........with my roommate. How romantic.
January 3, 2012: Coworker: So how did you like the cold this morning? Me: What cold? Coworker: It was 12 degrees!!?!! Me: Felt good to me! #lovecoldtoomuch
January 13, 2012: Aaaaand snow halfway up my shins. Holy mother what have I gotten myself into?
January 28, 2012: After 3 broken nails and a fall down half a flight of stairs with an end table in hands, I have successfully moved to my new apartment.
March 15, 2012: Almost one year living in Chicago and still can't believe I made it happen.
April 14, 2012: Wow. It's been one year today since I moved to Chicago. Would do it all over again in a heartbeat.
May 5, 2012: First kickball game...we lost 19-2. Oh well, we just went to the bar next door and started drinking. Go team!
May 8, 2012: Quote of the night: "Just watch the replay on the Jumbotron..." (psssstt...there is no Jumbotron at Wrigley).
May 24, 2012: I tried to prepare my fridge/pantry for my parent's visit but all I bought was a case of bud light.
May 31, 2012: Cannot wait 'til @Alandon arrives in Chicago tonight! Aaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!
June 16, 2012: Things I miss today: Zaxbys and Publix subs.
June 16, 2012: Of all the freaking seats on the bus, the creep weirdo sits RIGHT beside me.
June 22, 2012: Never thought I'd look out my apartment window and see a tranny dancing to "I Will Survive" on a stage but....tis true. #ChicagoPrideFest
June 26, 2012: I did it! 13.1 miles!
July 4, 2012: I still can't believe I live in Chicago.
July 5, 2012: "Could be the hottest day ever in Chicago"??!11! ;LFAKDSNKFJANSDJFNDSJKVBNADJSFBKSAJDHFAK;SDJG
July 26, 2012: Katie and Jennifer are here!!!!
August 23, 2012: Just took my dog out wearing boxers, an oversized tshirt, NO bra and drinking a beer. I need a life coach.
September 28, 2012: Officially an Illinois resident.
October 8, 2012: Guess its time to pull out my winter stuff....can't feel fingers while at bus stop. K.
October 20, 2012: Just bonded with my bus driver. I love Chicago.
December 2, 2012: South Carolina VS. Michigan in the #OutbackBowl. Lord, please be with me as a loyal Gamecock fan living in the Midwest...
December 7, 2012: Y'all, Steve and my mom are BFF. Hilarious.
December 8, 2012: Mary Kelly just left. I'm so sad.
December 11, 2012: This surgery will be worth it. This surgery will be worth it. This surgery will be worth it. This surgery will be worth it.
| The most supportive, craziest, sweetest family ever! We're all still in denial that I moved 900 miles away... |
January 19, 2013: So I quit my job yesterday and start at another (WITH FULL BENEFITS!!!!!) in two weeks! What a week...
January 23, 2013: I'm not getting outta bed til the heat cuts on.
![]() |
| Winter comfort food. |
February 7, 2013: I can't say much BUT I just cleaned the teeth of a very, VERY famous NBA player's baby mama. Say that 5 times fast.
February 15, 2013: Yes that's me hiding behind a building that's blocking wind waiting for the crosswalk signal on Michigan ave....
![]() |
| Reunited!! |
March 4, 2012: 6-8 inches of snow tonight? Bless.
April 8, 2013: An audible groan in the Hucko/Degen apartment tonight as the 7-day forecast came on the news. Rain, rain, rain.
April 9, 2013: An NBA player just sang "I Would Do Anything For Love" to me before I cleaned his teeth. It was the weirdest, coolest moment of my life.
April 10, 2013: Just got so pissed off with umbrella+wind that I threw the umbrella in the street and just kept walking.
April 14, 2013: Okay okay okay okay, I admit it, I'm ready for warm weather and sun. But don't think I won't miss winter terribly!!
Time flies when you're having fun...





















2 comments:
So happy for you! It shows how much you love it
Andrea
Such a great post!! I'm glad you found your way in Chicago. Wanna be like you when I grow up. Lol. K. Bye.
See You Next Time.
Kattie
Post a Comment